MEDITERRANEAN CHOPPED SALAD
With just a few simple ingredients
you can at any farmers market or farm stand,
this meal comes together in less than 10 minutes with
no need to turn on your stove, oven, or grill!
Light, but filling, it's the perfect way to
end these long, hot summer days!
Feel free to mix in your favorite protein, small pasta, or grain for a heartier meal or adjust the ratios to your liking! Now go gather up that perfect farmers market produce and your favorite hummus (we love Utah's Own member Laziz Kitchen's Hummus for this - add in a little of their Toum Garlic Spread or Muhammara for an extra layer of flavor!)
(For easy printing)
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- 1 lg or 2-4 small cucumber(s), chopped,
- 1 lbs heirloom or cherry tomatoes, chopped or halved
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 8oz local feta, cubed or crumbled
- 1/4-1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, dill, or mint
- lemon juice, to taste
- olive oil, to taste,
- 1 cup local hummus
- pita chips or toasted pita bread
-note- all ratios may be adjusted to taste
In a large bowl, toss cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta, olives, and herbs with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, add 1/4 cup of hummus per person to each serving dish, later in cucumber mix and top with pita chips or toasted pita bread.
- grilled chicken
- hemp hearts