Farmstead Zuppa Toscana Soup
2 pkgs mild Italian Sausage
4-5 lbs russet potatoes- sliced with skin on 2 large onions, diced
4 cans chicken broth
3 cups water
3 garlic cloves- diced
1/4 lb bacon- cooked to crispy
2 bunches of kale- washed and chiffonade cut
1 pint heavy cream
1. Cook sausage in a large pot until done. Remove from pan and drain.
2. In same pan, add potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth and water.
3. Cook until potatoes are cooked and onions are translucent.
4. Add sausage and bacon back to pan
5. Add Kale. Cook until kale is wilted.
6. Add heavy cream and continue cooking until soup is hot.
This makes enough to fill a 8 quart crock pot and is very full, not a brothy soup. You can add less potatoes and onions if you like your soup more soupy.